3 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2020 3:25 PM by swaroop.gantela

How to Exclude rows from a Table Calc (Window_Sum), using two dates at once?

Jon West

Hi, I am struggling to find what seems like a simple solution to an analytics problem.

I need to use a rolling window to assess whether our rate of payment within 30 days is improving or worsening.

I am currently using a form of   WINDOW_SUM( [Value], -30, 0)  . My data is plotted using the [Work Date] field in my sample data below. I want to exclude rows where another date field, [Paid Date] is later than the rolling window.

Below I have an example data set and an example result desired. Highlighted rows are those that become relevant to the next picture where I demonstrate my desired result. I attached a workbook that matches the below but I assume its not needed.

This is a drawing of what I want to achieve. Of course this is a very easy exercise in Excel using a simple case but I need to get it right in Tableau in order to scale.

I have a feeling I just need a LOD calc or something to filter by but I can't seem to get it right. I really appreciate any help you might be able to offer!