1 Reply Latest reply on May 20, 2020 10:11 PM by Mark Wu

Help Required on A scenario!

mudassar.hussain.1

Hi All,
      I have a dashboard which is based on published data source.

Expectation : I need to know the data source information where is actually located.

In order to achieve this i have done below steps :

1. I have downloaded the tableau workbook from the tableau server.
      2. Then i gave the login information of tableau server in order to open the tableau desktop workbook. ( because it based on published data source on server)
      3. Then i click on Data => "Add to Saved Data Sources" and get the .TDE File. This file have some information regarding the data source but not describe the actual location of published data source.

What should i do now ?

Deep Background of scenario  :  Basically I have a dashboard which is published on  9.2 with published data source and i need to published this dashboard on tableau 2019.3.
                                                                So i have download the tableau 9.2 workbook and try to know the data source location but unfortunately i am unable to do it.
      On the other hand i have published the 9.2 dashboard on 2019.3 by creating the "local copy of data"

but still need to know the location of data source.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Help Required on A scenario!
          Mark Wu

You mentioned 9.2 and 2019.3. Are there two different servers?

Go to v9.2 server where your workbook is published,

• click the Data Sources Tab,
          • then click the Published Data Source, download it,
          • assuming you have the password, then publish it to 2019.3 server, you will have the name of newly published data source on 2019.3
          • open your downloaded workbook, new data connection, connect to this newly published data source on 2019.3
          • Replace data source from your local to this newly published data source on 2019.3
          • Publish workbook to 2019.3 server - it will leverage this newly published data source on 2019.3

screenshot_2263.png