3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2020 8:42 PM by Sagar Sidhpura

Coordination service ensemble / The cluster topology node does not exist

sreckozajec

Hi there!

After installing three node cluster i'm having a problem with the coordination service ensemble - i can't deploy it. For some reason I'm continuously getting errors from the initial node when trying to run the command (The cluster topology node does not exist).

####tsm topology deploy-coordination-service -n node1,node2,node3:

Deploying Coordination Service ensemble on nodes [node1,node2,node3].

An error occurred while deploying Coordination Service ensemble on nodes [node1,node2,node3]. Use 'topology cleanup-coordination-service' to remove non-production ensemble.

See '/var/opt/tableau/tableau_server/data/tabsvc/logs/tabadmincontroller/tabadmincontroller_*.log' on Tableau Server nodes running the Administration Controller process for server log information.

Resource Not Found: The cluster topology node does not exist: '[node1,node2,node3]'

I have also read the following - https://kb.tableau.com/articles/issue/error-an-error-occurred-while-deploying-coordination-service-ensemble-on-nodes-node1-node2-node3-use-topology-cleanup-coordination-service-to-remove-non-production-ensemble - but the thing is that when i run "tsm topology cleanup-coordination-service command" i don't get any error whatsoever - it seems that our problem lies somewhere else.

This is the topology:

Screenshot_2020-03-19 Tableau Services Manager 02.png

• 1. Re: Coordination service ensemble / The cluster topology node does not exist
          Sagar Sidhpura

sreckozajec : Were you able to resolve this? I'm facing the exact same issue.  I'm currently on 2019.3.0

• 2. Re: Coordination service ensemble / The cluster topology node does not exist
            Heyward Drummond

This calls for a Support Ticket to get Support to look at your log files and explore the issue deeper.

• 3. Re: Coordination service ensemble / The cluster topology node does not exist
              Sagar Sidhpura

I was able to resolve the issue today. I just followed the same steps today which I had followed last time and it worked for me.

FYI.. I had also opened a case with support and they too confirmed there is nothing they could find from the logs and had suggested to perform the steps again.

Below were the steps I performed to resolve the issue.

tsm stop

tsm topology deploy-coordination-service -n node1,node2,node3

After running deploy-coordination-service command, got an error message :

C:\Windows\system32>tsm topology deploy-coordination-service -n node1,node2,node3 Deploying Coordination Service ensemble on nodes [node1, node2, node3].An error occurred while deploying Coordination Service ensemble on nodes [node1, node2, node3]. Use 'topology cleanup-coordination-service' to remove non-production ensemble.See 'D:\Tableau Server\data\tabsvc\logs\tabadmincontroller\tabadmincontroller_*.log' on Tableau Server nodes running the Administration Controller process for server log information.Resource Conflict: There is more than one Tableau Server Coordination Service ensemble deployed. Clean up the non-production ensemble before deploying a new ensemble.

Ran tsm topology cleanup-coordination-service and this time it was completed successfully. Finally ran tsm start command and everything was working as expected.

Hope this helps!