3 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2020 5:55 PM by Heyward Drummond

<Server Name> ip address not found

Jilani Shaik

Hi

user accessing the report from webapplication and we have implemented the trusted authentication in server

still it throws the error like below

what will be the problem, Kindly appreciate if anyone helps!!

• 1. Re: <Server Name> ip address not found
          Heyward Drummond

That is not an error from Tableau Server, so you will need to look at your networking connections between Tableau Server and your web server where you embedded the javascript code from Tableau into the iframe of the web server page. Was it never working?

I'd suggest performing a network trace between the PC/Mac where this error happened to the web server then trace back to Tableau Server. Something is not setup properly.

I would need a lot more details and cannot diagnose network issues remotely. I suggest working with Tableau Services where they can come out and configure the servers for you. Suggest reaching out to your Tableau Sales Rep for advice and help with getting services to assist.

• 2. Re: <Server Name> ip address not found
            Budi Lubis

Hi Jilani -

You can do a quick test by pinging the server to see if you can reach it.

ping server-name or IP address

• 3. Re: <Server Name> ip address not found
              Heyward Drummond

I agree. I sure hope that a proper DNS Hostname is assigned to Tableau Server and that they are not using an IP address to reach the server. That's ok in a test situation but not for production.