Functional Title: Tableau Security Administrator We are seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Tableau Security Administrator for a 6-month contract with possibility of converting to permanent position based on performance.
Engagement Location, Hours and Duration:
The engagement will take place at our NYC location (Central Office), Water Street.
- Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Consultant will develop and expand Tableau server infrastructure . They will ensure that Tableau server works seamlessly with all required enterprise databases and help develop Tableau server governance and IT protocols. Consultant will be responsibility for the development, QA, and production of Tableau environments, and supporting DSRIP’s population health dashboards Additionally, they will coordinate performance tuning, troubleshooting, on-going maintenance and application of patches and upgrades.
- Develop infrastructure to ensure that Tableau Server works seamlessly with all required enterprise databases.
- Work with a team to develop Tableau Server governance and IT protocols that meet operational requirements as well as IT standards.
- Manage security protocols and ensure proper configuration of authentication and other network security components, including log and audit files.
- Establish synchronization with directory services and data extract refresh schedules with databases.
- Configure and maintain base software, including patch and release management and security management.
- Troubleshoot diagnostic issues for Tableau Server, including incident, problem and service outage management, service request fulfillment, and project provisioning. • Document and maintain standard operating procedures.
- Log technical tickets with vendor helpdesk as necessary.
- Implement and maintain monitoring capabilities of performance, capacity, and utilization.
- Identify and raise system capacity related issues (storage, licenses, performance threshold) when appropriate.
- Monitor performance, capacity & utilization, including optimization and performance tuning.
- A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university and three years of experience as described above; or • A satisfactory combination of education, training, and experience.
- Experience with Tableau migration and scheduling
- Experience in taking back ups and restoration of Tableau repository
- Knowledge of Tableau Metadata tables and PostgreSQL
- Experience in troubleshooting database problems
- Hands-on experience with configuring, managing and troubleshooting VMware
- Strong knowledge of performance tuning, physical sizing
- Experience with tabadmin and tabcmd scripting to automate tasks
- Experience with creating Application Support documentation
- Excellent understanding of, and experience with, a systems development lifecycle methodology
- Strong verbal/written communication and analytical skills
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment