I took a try at it. Not sure if it quite got there, but maybe can give ideas.
Likely, there are better and easier ways to go about it.
This attempt uses the split function of Prep.
But I have the sinking suspicion that the split may need to be re-run if
you get more fields in your values. Not sure.
Basically, it splits the values into separate fields, and then pivots that.
And then splits the doses into separate fields, and then pivots that.
Then to join them back, I made an index off the split number.
Please see tflx and twbx attached in the Forum Thread:
How about the original file ? Is it a CSV file ?
Can you post the file (or just a few records) to see if there's something wrong with the file ?
1 of 1 people found this helpful
swaroop.gantela, that's pretty much how I'd do it as well. The present workaround for dynamic data where the data would be changing the # of splits would be to generate a file with dummy values, union that in to the data prior to the split (so it forces Prep to split on the values no matter what), then filter out the dummy values.
Jonathan Drummey, thank you very much for the workaround.
If I may take this opportunity to say so, thank you immeasurably for all that you do for the community.
I am one of the countless who have learned so much through your blogs and posts,
particularly those pertaining to healthcare. We are indebted.
Aw, thank you! I'm glad you've been able to learn and that you're giving back as well!
Hi guys, thank you for replying to this. It would have taken me forever to do this, and it makes sense what Swaroop did (thanks Swaroop!). Since I have submitted this, my data person gave me some actual delimited fields that are easier to work with. Woo hoo!
This was my first time posting something on the msg boards, I will do so the next time I run into something that is a little tough. Thanks again!
That's great! Indeed best when done right there in the datasource.
BTW, that was a great title for the post!