The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking to fill a consultancy position of Application Support Consultant based at our Headquarters in Rome, Italy.
The Technology Division (TEC, formerly known as IT) is the digital business engine of the World Food Programme, providing the business with multi-pronged and resilient technical capabilities able to respond with the immediate agility required in conflict zones on the one hand and with the longer-term stability to cope natural disasters on the other. In 2019, TEC Division will increase its activities to meet the constantly growing demand from the business and the field operation, and implement the initiatives related to digital transformation.
Under the general supervision of the Chief, IT Service Management (TECM) and the direct supervision of the Team leader of the Application Support Unit, the incumbent is required to support the platforms assigned to the team. The main tasks will be the system administration of Tableau, it is required that the incumbent has solid knowledge of Tableau Server administration and Tableau Desktop.
Additionally, the incumbent will provide 2nd and 3rd level support for Applications and Services deployed to WFP.
Tableau related responsibilities:
- Configure and maintain Tableau Server Software Layer
- System Administration (includes site creation, server maintenance/Upgrades/patches).
- Change management including software, hardware upgrades, patches
- Monitor server activity/usage statistics to identify possible performance issues/enhancements
- Performance tuning / Server management of tableau server environment (clustering, Load balancing).
- Create/Manage Groups, Workbooks and Projects, Database Views, Data Sources and Data Connections.
- Assist in the identification and migration of data sources to Tableau server.
- Develop and document standards/best practices for development and administration of the Tableau platform.
- Provide support and configuration for IT web-based applications deployed in WFP;
- Manage Incident calls and Service Requests from the Business;
- Participate in the system administration of Easy Vista ITSM platform;
- Prepare and update documentation and presentations;
- Perform any other related duty as required.
Qualifications & Experience
- University Degree and/or training with emphasis on Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems, Programming languages and techniques, Web services and interfaces, or equivalent work experience.
- At least three (3) years of proven practical hands-on experience of administration and troubleshooting of Tableau Server and Tableau environment;
- Experience and knowledge in supporting and maintaining production applications and enterprise IT services within an organization or as a consultant;
- Experience in IT applications/services support team.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
Tableau related Skills:
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Tableau software (Desktop Pro, Server), with a strong understanding of Tableau architecture and administration.
- Experience as Tableau administrator, developing in, configuring and administering Tableau Server.
- Ability to architect a stable Tableau solution guaranteed for high operational availability.
- Expertise in Tableau platform sizing, troubleshooting, tuning & disaster recovery.
- Good knowledge of Tableau Metadata tables.
- General knowledge of database technologies, networking technologies, cloud technologies, virtualization technologies and good knowledge of offices suites;
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively with little or no guidance;
- Ability to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment;
- Keen attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Ability to provide support and troubleshooting of custom developed applications based on technical documentation and or handover from the developers.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required
- Intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages) is desirable.
Terms and Conditions:
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Step 1: Register and create your online CV.
Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
NOTE: You must complete Step 1 and 2 for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
Deadline for applications: 1 February 2020
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.