Kudos to the development team. The ability to pause updates is amazing!
Wonderful to see the new version. A couple of issues though:
- Help for the 2020.1 release is not showing up. When opening the online help from within Tableau Prep or from the main Tableau Help site, the current version is still listed as 2019.4. When will the 2020.1 help be available? UPDATE: the 2020.1 help DOES appear on the US ("en-us") help site, but not on the UK ('en-gb") help site, which still displays 2019.4 as the current version. See What's New - Tableau
- How does this release relate to the current beta from Tableau Pre-release, which is also labelled 2020.1? Should we still be testing the 2020.1 beta??
4 of 4 people found this helpful
Unfortunately, this version seems to have the same Tableautemp table bug that many of us saw with 2019.4.2 (Tableau Prep 2020.1.1 Failure evaluating to database: error: "db1"."Tableautemp".db does not exist, System error: unable to run input node, Tableau Prep Builder 2019.4.2 is now live!, Tableau Prep 2019.4.2 System Error, Tableau Prep 2019.4.2 Input/Output node Temp Folder not found.). I've already let Anushka Anand know and sent her logs.
While i'm not getting an error per se, the flow that i've been running for a few months now runs in just under 3 minutes with 2019.3.2, but that jumped up to over 12 minutes with 2020.1
A lot of us saw that with the 2019.4.2 bug. I bet if you watch your system resources on the Task Manager (assuming you're running Windows), you'll see your CPU usage now spikes when you run that flow with almost all of the usage going to Prep Builder.
Thank you for raising the issue about the help docs - the localized content usually shows up about 2 weeks after launch for all releases. It'll be up soon.
2020.1.1 is Prep's January release - it's different from the version in the 2020.1 beta as that represents the Builder version that will be released together with Tableau Desktop and Server in Q1 2020. Our numbering scheme for that will be different that what you saw in the beta build.
Thanks Anushka. I really hope this gets addressed. In my case, it's a quite simple 3 spreadsheet union that generates an output just fine in 2019.4.1 but fails in 4.2 and 2020.1. I'm also experiencing the CPU issue. For now, my workaround is sticking with 4.1.
Also, seems kind of strange you guys would release a new version with 8 outstanding open items for Tableau Prep...or at least provide some sort of status update on the outstanding issues.
We're working to find a reproducible case so we can investigate the problem and it'd help if you could send me your flow file (if you can share data, the packaged flow file) and the log files. Here's instructions on getting log files:
1. Clear out your logs: Go to your logs directory and delete all files there.
Windows: C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\My Tableau Prep Repository\Logs
Mac: /Users/<your username>/My Tableau Prep Repository/Logs
2. Recreate the issue: Open Tableau Prep Builder and recreate the issue
3. Close Tableau Prep (with or without saving the flow)
4. Zip up all the new log files
5. Attach the zip and email me - email@example.com
I have the same exactly issue.
I was really hoping it would leave it in the Profile Pane view instead of putting you in tabular when you hit the pause button. It is still going to help some, but it makes life a little more difficult because that view isn't as easy to use.