2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2020 5:07 AM by Alex Gouveia

Dual Axis Map Filtering

Alex Gouveia

Hi All,

I am having issues with creating a map in Tableau. I need to have the postal code always show. However, when I filter on order priority - if all orders in that postal code were of the priority I filtered on then the postal code disappears. Is there any way around this?

In other words, I want to be able to filter the marks of one of the maps in the dual axis map separately from the other.

I have attached my attempt at recreating my current problem with the superstore data. Notice when filtering out the High Order Priority points the entire postal code in western South Dakota (along with many others) disappears.

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: Dual Axis Map Filtering
          Paul Wachtler

Hi Alex,

I'm not quite following.  I see that the marks completely disappear in western South Dakota when "High" is unfiltered.  What do you want to show there in South Dakota if you unfilter "High"?

Best,

Paul

• 2. Re: Dual Axis Map Filtering
            Alex Gouveia

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply. What you're seeing is the Order Priority mark disappear - which is correct. However, the Postal Code that's associated with that mark is also disappearing and I want that to stay on the view.

Basically, I want the squares to go away, but the underlying postal code to stay.

Let me know if that doesn't clear things up.