3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2020 5:44 PM by Jordan Bohlander

New vizzer to the area

Sean Packard

Hey all! My name is Sean Packard and I'm new to the Portland market. I love all things Tableau; my public forum can be found here: Tableau Public https://public.tableau.com/profile/sean.packard4025#!/

I'm looking for a job and would love to make connections! Current stack includes Tableau, Alteryx (Core Designer certified), Power BI, Power Pivot, Power Query, SQL, DAX, VBA. Beginning my journey into Python and R as well!

Sean

• 1. Re: New vizzer to the area
          Ciara Brennan

Welcome, Sean

FYI we have a Job Listings board on the forum  Job Listings

Also cc'ing Toby Erkson in case he has any connections in Portland that may be of use.

Best of luck
          Ciara

[Program Manager | Tableau Community Forums]

• 2. Re: New vizzer to the area
            Toby Erkson

Sean, you've got a good set of tools under your belt and your Tableau Public content looks amazing!  Unless you are well-skilled as a data scientist there's nothing currently available where I work in the IT arena that I'm aware of.  However, there should be plenty of work for you in IT or, in particular, finance given your skills, assuming you have several years experience within them (excluding the CPA part, of course ).

My advice while job hunting:  If you take a job at Intel then do it as a contractor and then move on.  My wife and I and 13,000+ former employees that got let go at the same time can attest

• 3. Re: New vizzer to the area
              Jordan Bohlander

Hi Sean,

We recently had a position open. Not sure if you are still looking, we are a small firm so there is a lot of flexibility that comes with the job.

The specified item was not found.