You will need to reach the Tableau Administrator of your company.
Currently the account you are trying to use is "unlicensed", your administrator will be able to change your role to Explorer, Creator etc.
I am only admin and can you suggest me how to change my unlicensed to admin ...
Please tell me the process step by step so that it will be helpful for me in clearly
After activating and installing Tableau Server, please run the following command :
1. Check if Tableau Server is well activated :
Open a command prompt as Administrator on Tableau Server host and type : tsm licenses list
2. At the end of the installation of Tableau Server, you need to create a Tableau Server Administrator account, so if you used :
a. Web UI :
- If you configured a local identity store during setup, then specify a name and password that you want to use.
- If you configured a LDAP or Active Directory identity store during setup, then you must specify a user account that is a member of the directory.
b. Tabcmd CLI :
- tabcmd initialuser --server http://localhost --username "<new-admin-username>"
- example: tabcmd initialuser --server http://localhost --username "tableau-admin"
That user should be automatically licensed as "Administrator" and should have the access to Tableau Server.
Please note the difference between :
Tableau Server UI (http://myTableauServerURL) => with the above account created (Tableau Administrator)
TSM Web UI (https://myTableauServerURL:8850) => with the windows/local user used to installed Tableau Server
If you are unable to access Tableau Server with your Tableau Administrator account, you can perform a reset of the password.
Open a command prompt as Administrator on Tableau Server host and type:
tsm reset ( tsm reset - Tableau )
tabcmd initialuser --server http://localhost --username "<new-admin-username>"
3. Once connected with your Tableau Server Administrator account, you can change the role of the different users added : Set Users’ Site Roles - Tableau
Let me know if you are still facing the issue,
I tried to create new admin account by tsm reset ,I done the process also when I am trying to create username and password it is showing as Tableau Server is unlicensed .when I Checked through tableau server manager(tsm web interface) there it showing Expires on next year same date (2021) and maintenance ends Dec ending this Year. and I Refresh All in TSM web interface Configuration --> lincensing ..after refresh I got Error msg like The requested licensing operation failed with error code '116 tableau_error _Licensing_resync general'
All this activation license Process done in Offline mode ( it means the server or VM does not have internet Connectivity ) and I fallowed in TSM Web interface I fallowed (Activate Tableau Server Offline - Adding a License - Tableau ) .
It might be better to create a support case : Support Case | Tableau Software
They will have a look on your product key, and probably ask you for the Tableau Server logs, it will be more easier to troubleshoot.
In the meantime, could you restart the following services on Windows Server :
- FLEXnet Licensing Service 64
- Tableau Server License Manager
Related article : Verify Tableau Service Settings - Tableau
The error message " 116 tableau_error_Licensing_resync general" is expected, because you cannot refresh/synchronize the product key activated on your server with our licensing server (because it was an offline activation )