2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2020 1:15 PM by Heyward Drummond

TC19 Web Authoring Session

Kevin Mason

Hi all -- My name is Kevin Mason and I’m the Product Manager of Web Authoring at Tableau.

I organized this TC19 talk to hopefully guide and reference the artifacts to build your own analytics cultures – and how Web Authoring can be used to accomplish self-service.

During my own research at Tableau, I found it difficult to get a holistic picture of how we suggest creating analytics cultures among the plethora of documents, videos, and help docs. I hope this resource helps simplify and collect a rough roadmap of topics to use in addition to our recently released Tableau Blueprint.

TL;DR

My top resource recommendations:

1. Watch the Oldcastle and/or DISH customer talks on Web Authoring
      2. Watch our recommendations for Content Management
      3. Talk with your Tableau contact about sizing Server appropriately after reading slide 24 (21:31 in the talk) in the attached slide deck for Desktop & Server comparison
      4. The Information Lab’s Desktop v. Web Authoring comparison viz

THE TALK

YouTube | Slides (attached) | Slides+Notes (attached) | Additional Q&A (attached)

The talk includes a 25min Fireside Chat with 3 incredible members of Tableau:

• Lauren Kearney Tableau Sales Consultant based out of Boston, MA covering Banking and Financial Services
      • Lovekesh BabbarTableau Sales Consultant based in the Bay Area, working with Big Tech companies
      • Paul Lisborg Tableau Customer Success Manager in Atlanta, GA, and a previous Tableau customer from Oldcastle (check out his talk from TC15)

I also attached the unanswered/remaining Q&A questions below.

TOPICS & ADDITIONAL RESOURCES

1) WHAT IS A SELF-SERVICE ANALYTICS ENVIRONMENT?

2) WEB AUTHORING IN ACTION

3) SETTING UP SERVER FOR WEB AUTHORING

4) MANAGING CONTENT

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any feedback or suggestions for the session or Web Authoring overall.

Cheers,

Kevin Mason

Product Manager | Tableau, Web Authoring

kmason@tableau.com