4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2020 10:17 PM by Santhosh Sekar

How to send a dashboard as csv on monthly basis using vizalert

Santhosh Sekar

Hi Team,

I do have vizalert setup and running in my organization. The content in the below sheet, always looks for a dashboard to be rendered on hourly basis. I got a requirement today, to run the dashboard on monthly basis and send the result as csv to the recipient. Does anyone have any idea how to send a vizalert on monthly basis and what has to be change in the below sheet. Note that, this is the sheet which was given as input to the vizalert.

Thank you and looking for an help from anyone.

• 1. Re: How to send a dashboard as csv on monthly basis using vizalert
          Matt Coles

I mean, the simplest solution is to use a monthly VizAlerts subscription schedule, and build a new sheet that contains the specific info you want sent out, rather than using the existing one. I suppose you could use the existing CSV or whatever it is that you've got, if you really want to keep the logic centralized, but it'll complicate things a bit more. How many rows are in the data you're using right now? How important is it that everything live in the same CSV? One solution to maybe keep the best of both worlds is to add a column to it that specifies the frequency it should run on., e.g. "Daily", "Monthly", etc....then make different sheets that filter to each type, and subscribe each sheet to the appropriate schedule.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to send a dashboard as csv on monthly basis using vizalert
            Santhosh Sekar

Thanks Matt...

I will try to create a new sheet for monthly execution and give a shot. Other problem is if I get more request in future asking to send subscription on different date of the month, in such case I'm not pretty sure whether the new sheet for monthly would help. Anyways keep you posted and thanks for the suggestion.

BTW, in my sheet right now I do have 10 entries and everything has to run on daily basis. This is the first time, I got a request from business to trigger a dashboard on monthly basis. Thats were I got stuck up totally.

• 3. Re: How to send a dashboard as csv on monthly basis using vizalert
              Matt Coles

Yeah, after thinking about it more, I see the issue--you want to be able to add arbitrary scheduling that's strictly based on the data in the data, and not have to bother with the different schedules and creating separate sheets, and whatnot. Makes sense. Let me think about how I might recommend you do it and get back to you--but certainly feel free to play around with your own ideas in the meantime and let me know what you think of!

• 4. Re: How to send a dashboard as csv on monthly basis using vizalert
                Santhosh Sekar

Hey Matt,

As you suggested, it works if I create a new separate sheet to track monthly subscriptions but again the problem is if I need multiple subscriptions to be triggered on different date of the month then that force me to create multiple sheets