2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2019 3:18 PM by Ken Flerlage

How can I colour the bars based on whether the SLA percent of total has been met or not?

Jane Shearer

Hi, I am new to Tableau and would like to create a sheet that indicates whether an SLA has been met. The SLA is calculated as: IF[Business Minutes Elapsed] <= [SLA Mins] then "Met" else "Not Met" END

The option I am using is below.

Option being used.PNG
      In this option, I would like to colour the bars based on whether the SLA has been met. For example, if the SLA has been met >= 60% of the total then I would like the bar to be coloured green otherwise I would like the bar to be coloured Red.

In the rows I have Category, Item being Tracked and SLA where SLA is the calculated field above.

In the columns I have a table calculation which ‘For each Category and Item Being Tracked, computes the Percent of Total by SLA, pane down‘.

Note: I only want to display the SLA ‘Met’ row as the ‘Not Met’ is the complementary value and is not needed (e.g. if Met is 66.67% then I do not want to display the ‘Not Met’ value of 33.33% as this is not needed). To do this I am using an Index field and a calculated field ‘SLA Met Index is 1’ which is used in the filter.

I have added a Reference Line at 60%.

I have added a table calculation on Colour but this does not give the result I want and I cannot see any options to change this. I would like the second bar to be green (> 60%) and the other bars to be red (< 60%).

I will ultimately hide the SLA column that shows the value Met

My question is: how can I colour the bars based on whether the SLA percent of total has been met or not?

If this is not possible, are there any other alternatives that would achieve the same result? Any suggestions are much appreciated.

I am on Tableau 10.5.

The workbook I am using is attached