This indicates a problem with Tableau Server or the viz itself. Load the BacklogReport manually in a web browser, and you should see an error of some kind. If not, it may be permissions, or failure to embed credentials.
When I hit the URL in the browser, no issues in rendering the image of the dashboard. Only from vizalert its creating problem and that too only for this dashboard. Rest, all the subscriptions working fine without any issues.
Since you have highlighted about permissions, what type of permissions I need to look forward for this dashboard.?
Thanks in advance
You will need Download Summary Data and Download Image/PDF on BackLogReport. I would think you'd also need View, though I haven't actually tested that one. Give your account all three of those, and make sure your account has Connect access to whatever published data source(s) the viz is connecting to. That should eliminate permissions as being the issue. If it's still happening after that, reply back and we'll dig deeper.
The account which Im trying to connect is the SERVER ADMINISTRATOR. Hope in that case there will not be any problem with the permissions right.
True, that should not be the issue, if you're an admin on the site/server. Is the VizAlerts error happening consistently every single time it tries to run? Or is it inconsistent? The reasons this typically happen are:
- Insufficient permissions to access the content
- Credentials not embedded in connections
- The database(s) feeding data to the viz over a live connection are down, or throwing an error
- An actual issue with Tableau server processes being down/unresponsive, or a bug
If what you're seeing is intermittent, or only happened the one time, I would suspect an issue with the back-end database, or with Tableau Server. If it's happening on a repeated basis, I'd look at the data connections not having embedded credentials.
Its not intermittent. Happening everytime when trying to render the image of the dashboard. The thing is when i click the below url from the error message, I do get the error saying "Problem creating image..." Please find the screenshot
But, when i open the dashboard from the tableau server, I didnt find any issues in rendering that. So weird.... Is there anything I need to setup properly in the vizalert configuration or anything like that?
This is the command I used in the vizalert subscription sheet,
This is expected if credentials were not embedded into each connection that dashboard uses. It's the only thing I can think of that might still be an issue. Can you confirm that you published this workbook with embedded credentials in every connection?
Did checked everything... The credentials embedded in all the datasources were used by this dashboard. Note that, when I open the dashboard directly from the server it will not prompt for any credentials. It opens up directly.
Still looks weird and clueless how to get this fixed
Welp, I'm out of ideas at this point, leaning toward "this might be a Tableau Server bug". Since you can reproduce this easily using your simple use case of trying to manually export the dashboard, I'd recommend kicking this to Tableau Support and having them review your Server logs to see if they can figure out why it won't export all of a sudden.
Hmm that would be one of the option.. but not sure how many days it might take