Does this behavior still persist once the upgrade-tsm.cmd has been run from a command prompt with administrative permissions?
Running the upgrade-tsm.cmd has this error:
C:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Server\packages\scripts.20194.19.1105.1444>upgrade-tsm.cmd
Upgrading Tableau Server to version 20194.19.1105.1444. See log file at C:\ProgramData\Tableau\Tableau Server\logs\app-upgrade.log for progress.
Install directory C:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Server
Config file: "C:\ProgramData\Tableau\Tableau Server\data\tabsvc\config\workgroup.yml"
ERROR: Data directory under "C:\ProgramData\Tableau\Tableau Server" for version "20193.19.0913.2225" is corrupt. Canceling.
Is my only option to completely uninstall Tableau Server and re-install from fresh?
Just to get more insight, could you provide us the following information :
Open a command prompt as administrator :
1. tsm version
2. tsm status -v
3. To make sure the data directory was not handled by another process, could you confirm Tableau Server is whitelisted in your Antivirus ?
Improving Performance by Using Antivirus Exclusions :
4. Do you have enough space on the disk ?
5. Did you uninstall TS 2019.3 already ? (It will explain why "upgrade-tsm.cmd" is failing with "data directory corrupt")
If not, I will recommend to create a case for our Tech Support, but there is a chance a new installation will be needed.
Thank you for your help, to answer some of your questions.
Here is the output for 1 & 2
3. We have already implemented exceptions for all Tableau files and folders in the anti Virus following Tableau's instructions.
4. There is more than enough disk space free, well over 100GB free
5. We have not uninstalled anything, the update instructions do not contain anything about uninstalling, so we haven't. They had a line on the update page: Uninstall - Uninstall works differently now as well. With version 2018.2 and later you do not need to uninstall until after you have upgraded Tableau.
Because we were upgrading from 2019.3 to 2019.4, I assumed this statement applied.
I am going to raise a Technical support case with Tableau, but I suspect that we will need to start from scratch. Which is not ideal but these things happen.
I will follow up my post, once I have dealt with Tableau Support.
Thank you very much for your help its very much appreciated,
Thank for all this information!
After rebooting the host, are you able to start Tableau Server ? (tsm start)
If yes, is Tableau Server Running, Degraded or in an Error State ?
I agree, I believe it will be probably better to create a support case.
Don't hesitate to mention them your previous information :
Tableau Server already whitelisted in Antivirus, TSM CLI Works, but not TSM Web UI, Tableau Server 2019.3 is still installed, current version 2019.4, the screenshot from the TSM Web UI.
They will also probably request the Tableau Servers logs