Please see if the following works
The following gets you the dates when running_sum(Spend) exceeds Monthly budget
the following returns min of the above returned dates per each Order
Example Data 11.8.19_v2018.2.twbx 384.1 KB
(second try to post)
Here's my approach, and it's, perhaps, a bit unconventional.
1. First join your datasource to itself, like so:
This will give you all of the previous spending along side the current spending, and we will use this to calc the running sums.
2. Create calculated fields to compute the running sums that we need:
3. Create an indicator calculated field to determine when the spending exceeds the monthly budget:
4. Create a calculated field to determine the first date when the spending exceeds the monthly budget:
5. Place those items of a viz to see the results:
6. And you could also create a chart to see the information in a different way:
Hope that helps. Please let us know if that solved your problem.
henes_v10.5.twbx 741.8 KB