Under the Director of Client Relationship Management (CRM), the Consumer Insights Manager will be a driving force to discover new insights and recommendations with a focus on market analytics, engagement trends, trip behaviors, and marketing effectiveness. They will execute key quantitative and qualitative research projects for executive leadership as well as lead a team of data and systems analysts to foster analytical decision-making across the strategic and marketing divisions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead database marketing insights, analytics and business intelligence solutions to optimize casino revenue and profit.
- Manage and mentor analysts, providing insight on their data analysis and reporting. Provide help with ongoing development.
- Be a technology enthusiast and understand new mechanisms to quantify and model data translating their impact to the business.
- Identify significant trends that effect the casino business by analyzing operational, financial and gaming performance. Establish marketing best practices for forecasting and targeting.
- Deliver timely, accurate and insightful casino business intelligence.
- Develop an understanding of the customer experience and identify opportunities for improvements, with recommendations with insights.
- Identify factors or trends that influence player behavior. Develop actionable insights and recommend data-driven responses to guide marketing strategy. Interpret and create meaningful insights from analytical outputs generated by the team.
- Use ingenuity to create and refine KPI’s and metrics that are key to San Manuel Casino leadership.
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand the questions that they are trying to solve.
- Lead data analysis projects from conceptualization through implementation.
- Create complex models to extract data; use multiple databases to acquire statistical and financial information. Organize and manipulate raw and/or disparate data to generate key findings.
- Participate in short term and long term strategic planning for consumer research initiatives.
- Deliver analytics and insights to inform customer roadmap strategies that support business objectives.
- Identify and implement tools and technology to drive data collection, consolidation, and analysis in order to improve quality and efficiency.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESCarries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.Education/Experience/Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, Statistics, Finance, Marketing or related field required.
- Five (5) years of professional analytics experience, including demonstrable experience to various types of descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analyses required.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Must possess an understanding of gaming/hospitality, marketing strategy, and/or direct marketing.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of database management, query writing and analytics; 3-4 years of experience using SAS or SQL preferred.
- Over three years of experience utilizing Business Intelligence solutions like Tableau.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel mandatory.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both written and oral forms.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.