2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2019 6:41 AM by Bria Powell

How to show only specific tabs in Tableau server?

Bria Powell

Hi,

I have a dashboard, in which I used buttons to navigate from a Daily, to Monthly to Quarterly, and Yearly views. Now, my issue is that I have to show all tabs, rather than the Daily one alone. This way, I can just click my monthly button and not have so many tabs. Can anyone help with this? I know it's been done before, I just can't seem to figure it out.

• 1. Re: How to show only specific tabs in Tableau server?
          Bob Scharf

Hello!

There is an option when publishing a workbook to 'Show sheets as tabs' that is defaulted to checked.  Unchecking that and then publishing might get you what you're looking for.

Hope this helps, thanks!

Bob

• 2. Re: How to show only specific tabs in Tableau server?
            Bria Powell

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the quick reply. However, this isn't what I am looking for.

I have 4 dashboards. each with 4 buttons (Dashboards with actions) at the top. One for Daily, Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly Filters. The dashboards are all the same, just filtered different.

So, what I need is a way to show only the Daily dashboard by default, and still be able to access the monthly, Quarterly and Yearly buttons. This way, we don't have so many tabs for people to select from. The buttons will do that.

Also, I have multiple dashboards in the same workbook, with this same structure.

So instead of having Sales Daily, Sales Monthly.. and Finance Daily, Finance Monthly...and ___ Daily, ___ Monthly, I'd just show Sales Daily, Finance Daily and ___ Daily by default.

Is there a way to do that still? I've seen it on multiple dashboards.