2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2019 2:35 PM by Nagaraj Koranthota

Customer Analysis without Table Calc

Nagaraj Koranthota

Step 1:

• who are the Top N customers for each product and % of Total sales contribution by Product.

Step 2:

• Identify the Customers who contributes to the cumulative <= 60%  for each product.

I want to create viz base on this at aggregated level.

I want to achieve this in Calculated field may be an LOD ? as I have different levels of aggregation and do not want to use Tableau's table calculation.

• 1. Re: Customer Analysis without Table Calc
          Matt Lutton

Can you explain why you do not want to use Table Calculations?  I guess if you're looking to pass calculations back to the data source this could make sense, but they are extremely powerful for customer analysis once a viz is created with the proper dimensions on Rows/Columns/The Marks card.

If I could understand a bit more about what you're hoping for that would help me to help you -- any chance of a mockup of expected results?

• 2. Re: Customer Analysis without Table Calc
            Nagaraj Koranthota

Thanks for your reply.

I want to use this on my company dataset and since it is sensitive data, I am trying to do it first in default data source.

Identify the Top 5 customers where cumulative % of Total > lets say 60% in this case and I want this to be dynamic.

If you have any ideas better Visualizing this data set, let me know.