6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2019 6:09 PM by anitav

Blended Data Sources - Not showing Nulls

anitav

Hello!  I am new to Tableau and was hoping someone can help with my Blending issue.   I would like to see all the data whether or not there is a null in any column.   However, when I add the date filters it does not show any rows if there is a null value in either column.    I understand that when Blending data sources, it performs a Left Join.    In the Workbook that I have attached, there are three Data Sources that I have blended together on 'Employee' key.   The first Data Source contains all the Employees that are in both the other two data sources.   In the view, I am filtering to see only dates in September in the 2nd and 3rd data source.    I have also grabbed the SQL statements from Tableau Log Viewer and tried creating a LEFT join in the Data Source tab and I was able to achieve the correct results.  So I'm sure its just some setting that i am missing when blending.    The 'show empty rows' and 'show empty columns' menu options are greyed out under  Analysis -> Table Layout.

1. All Employees

AllEmployees.PNG         

2. Monthly Sales Requirement

MonthlyRequirement.PNG

3. Actual Sales

actualsalespic.PNG

Actual Result

view.PNG

DesiredResult.PNG