1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 22, 2019 12:36 PM by Steve Martin

Tabcmd filter not working syntax is correct

Suzanne Kern

When I paste script from BAT file in Tableau server report, it applies filter correctly.

But when I run BAT file, filter does not apply - pdf is generated but without filter.

Based upon another users posting, I checked to make sure I have "Filter" and "Download Full Data" permissions - which I do.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG

cd "C:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Server\2018.3\extras\Command Line Utility"

tabcmd login -s https://orbitbi-tableau.XXXX.com -u XXXX -p XXXX* -site ORxDash

tabcmd export -t ORxDash BEHEPCClinicalReport/CMPHEPCMetrics?Carrier%20ID=ABCD --pdf  -f "C:\export\testHepCcarrierID.pdf"

• 1. Re: Tabcmd filter not working syntax is correct
          Steve Martin

Hi Suzanne,

I actually came across this problem 4 years ago, its not actually a Tableau problem but command line and it will only appear when you try to execute the command file through the interpreter.

Change ?Carrier%20ID to ?Carrier%%20ID - the percentage symbol is an escape character in the command line so must be entered twice for the space character (%20) better yet, replace spaces with underscores so you can avoid this problem going forwards

If it helps, you can see my original post on this, and the steps I took and methods used to identify the cause and resolve it here: tabcmd print pdf automation problem

Steve