2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2019 4:31 AM by Donald Groat

Hide / show sheet on dashboard based on filter selection

Donald Groat

I am new to Tableau (1st week) and I'm trying to find a solution to a problem I'm having in showing / hiding a couple of charts on a dashboard.

My dashboard contains a drop down filter containing a list of KPI metric names.  Some of these metrics are numeric whilst others are percentage values.  On the dashboard, I've included two worksheet line charts which track the progress of the metric across a series of months - one of these charts is using the scores formatted as %'s and the other as numbers.

What I would like to achieve is for the % formatted chart to show when a percentage metric is selected from the drop down filter (and the numeric chart to be hidden) and vice versa when a numeric metric is selected.  I am thinking that the charts would be 'floated' on top of each other on the dashboard so the end user sees a single chart in the same space on the dashboard.

So far I've read a number of articles about using parameters to control this but that option seems to require an additional filter control to be visible through which the user selects which worksheet is to be visible.  In my case, I want the KPI metric selection to determine this.

Hopefully it is relatively simple to achieve but I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.  Thanks in advance.