11 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2019 1:02 PM by Soumitra Godbole

Count Unique

Yunior Batista

I have the following data and I need that when you select the currency in the parameter, the Unique count is also updated according to the currency. For some reason the "Measure" Unique count does not work with FIXED.
      I also want it to be filtered and only show the rows according to the selected currency

• 1. Re: Count Unique
          Deepak Rai

Pl see attached.

Thanks

Deepak

• 2. Re: Count Unique
            Yunior Batista

I'm sorry it doesn't work, this is what I expect as a result

IDNAMEUNIQUE COUNT(Dollar)UNIQUE COUNT(Pesos)UNIQUE COUNT(Ambas)
            1A111
            2B213
            3C112
            4D202
            5E011
            • 3. Re: Count Unique
              Soumitra Godbole

Hola Yunior,

Que Tal ? I just noticed this question and believe it must be a duplicate as it

was already answered over a week ago. Here is the original thread:

Displayed currencies correctly

In case it is a duplicate, please close it else please disregard this message.

Gracias !

Sincerely,

Soumitra

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Count Unique
                Yunior Batista

Hi, Soumitra

It is not a duplicate, on that occasion we need a measure to make a parameter to select both currencies. This post I need to count the ID field based on the parameter selection. You can see the attached file

Thanks

• 5. Re: Count Unique
                  Soumitra Godbole

Lo Siento ! My Bad (). Anyway since this simple problem has not been solved as yet,

so I decided to join the party and here is my simplified solution.

Dashboard.png

Also there was a small error in the solution that you displayed (shown in a red circle)

For ID 1, the 1 should actually be 0 (looking at your dataset and also 1 + 1 <> 1

Error.png

All that I did was to add a single column called Sr No (Row No) to your original dataset.

I have also attached this modified dataset (excel file) along with the twbx file below.

Modified Dataset.png

I have attached the twbx file in version 10.5 (Hope that works for you). Let me know if this looks

right and is the solution you were looking for. Best wishes and quete via bien amigo !

Sincerely,

Soumitra

• 6. Re: Count Unique
                    Soumitra Godbole

Also, here are the 2 New formulas that I forgot to add in the last sheet -

Formula 1 - Count (Dollars).png

Formula 2 - Count (Pesos).png

Hope this helps. Do let me know if this looks right. Hasta Luego !

Sincerely,

Soumitra

• 7. Re: Count Unique
                      Yunior Batista

Thanks Soumitra...

In reality, what we need is not a view like Excel. It is an ID count when you select some currency in the parameter. The result of the count must be shown in a single column when selecting "Pesos", "Dollars" or "Both Currencies". Sorry but I didn't know

• 8. Re: Count Unique
                        Soumitra Godbole

De Nada Yunior ! No worries here is a simple solution and hope it answers your question.

It is for each scenario or Parameter value (Pesos, Dollar & Ambas or All)

PESOS Only

Pic 1.png

Dollar Only

Pic 2.png

AMBAS or All

Pic 3.png

Here we really need only the Name or ID and the Count but I have shown all three

Basically all I did was modify my earlier solution (from the Cool & Easy solution) with

3 counts (Pesos, Dollar & Ambas or All) to show only one column (based on the

parameter selected). Also 2 simple calculated fields were needed:

Formula 1 - Measures count.png

Formula 2  - Currency Filter.png

I have attached the twbx file (ver 10.5). Do let me know if the numbers look right and if this solves

your problem. Best wishes !

Sincerely,

Soumitra

• 9. Re: Count Unique
                          Soumitra Godbole

Hola amigo, Que Tal ? Glad to know the solution was what you were looking for.

You can also modify it to create Horizontal Bars or other charts if needed.

It was really not a difficult problem but having defined what exactly one is looking for is

very helpful in such cases and you get an instant response. Also most folks here (with

the exception of at least one ) are solving over half a dozen or more problems a day

in addition to their work or daily activities.

Lastly what helped me to arrive at your solution was listening to that lovely vintage melody

"Siboney" composed by the legendary composer and prodigy Ernesto Lecuona and soulfully

rendered by the great tenor & baritone Placido Domingo. Quete via Bien !

• 10. Re: Count Unique
                            Yunior Batista

You are right in their recommendations, being clearer is the key ... although my English is not good.

If one day you want to travel to the cradle of Lecuona and other great artists, you have a Cuban friend to support you.

Thanks for your time.

Hasta la vista mi amigo.

• 11. Re: Count Unique
                              Soumitra Godbole

Gracias Yunior ! I should have guessed but was not sure when I saw the currency Pesos

in the last 2 questions.

In any case Siboney was only one classic, with other masterpieces like Andalucia

(adapted as "The Breeze and I" in the 40's sung by Dinah Shore / Xavier Cugat) and

the eternal and unforgettable Malagueña which is still an amazing instrumental piece

when heard on any string instrument with a haunting melody (thanks to the minor chords).

The others I remember were "Siempre en mi corazone" (adapted as "Always in my heart" ),

"Damisela Encantadoro" and others.

Other favorites include the evergreen, upbeat "Melao de Caña" (was it Celia Cruz ?) which is very

popular even today, especially at dance floors or when learning salsa. Hasta Luego Yunior !