Data and Reporting Analyst
The Sales Data and Reporting Analyst will transform data into contextual, actionable intelligence that will support Kemper Sales and Distribution’s department to achieve targeted goals. In addition, will be accountable for securing “on demand” data and ad hoc report requests necessary to support business decisions. All while under minimal supervision. The Sales Data and Reporting Analyst will report to the Director of Customer Experience.
Compiling and developing business data:
- Building and maintaining reporting and analytic tools to evaluate results
- Interpreting statistical and financial data and business requirements
- Developing analysis of company operational performance, including revenue and profitability
Work scope would include:
- Creating Dashboards
- Tableau reporting construction
- Scorecards and analytic models that present data in dynamic context to yield useful insights and steer appropriate organizational focus.
- Recommending & implementing efforts to improve the collection, recording and reporting of statistical and financial information, including the most efficient use of automation
- Participating in debugging systems, conversions, and audits of data to ensure accuracy.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Business, Insurance/Risk Management, mathematics or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- Strong math, analytical & problem-solving skills. Advanced ability to effectively use automated tools and processes to collect data and create reports.
- Advanced skills in data and reporting tools such as Tableau, Excel, T-SQL, PL-SQL, SQL Server, SAS, R, Oracle BI, MS Power BI, relational databases. MicroStrategy and MS Dynamics CRM platform experience are a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Able to take direction and work independently, delivering accurate work products that meet deadlines. Able to understand the request from business partners and translate reporting needs back to them.
- Ability to gather, analyze and draw correct inferences from the facts and data to identify root causes of problems and create solutions, identify inefficient business processes and recommends technological or process improvements.
- Able to prioritize projects and manage workload demands.
- 2 to 3 years insurance and or Banking experience, preferably with a Personal Lines Insurance Company
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- Experience working with both quantitative and qualitative information
- Experience exercising judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Team player
- Should possess and demonstrate critical thinking skills and be a logical problem solver
- Problem solving and team building.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Work independently to complete projects on time.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
-MO -CB +ZR +GD -IN -MSJ -PT