The International Association of Better Business Bureaus (IABBB) is looking for a passionate, enthusiastic person to fulfill our Research and Development Specialist position!
The IABBB supports member BBBs by building trust in every relationship to create a better marketplace. We serve BBBs and value BBB experience.
We are currently based in Arlington VA but are primarily a remote/telework organization. The position listed below is a remote/telework position. IABBB provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to IABBB HR director Elizabeth Pratt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make your subject line “Application: [Name of Position].” If you have any questions, please contact Elizabeth.
Research and Development Specialist: IABBB’s Marketplace Development department will have a Research and Development Team that will be a vital part of enhancing BBB innovation. A primary role of this position will be data visualization, along with survey research, report and business plan writing, and innovative tests. This remote position reports to Dr. Rubens Pessanha, Senior Director of Research and Development.
Department Purpose: The Market Development Department furthers the BBB vision and mission by providing innovative products/programs/services, marketplace research, and critical training for the local BBBs, and by serving as a direct resource between the association and its members.
Department Authority and Impact:
- BBB relationship management
- BBB product/program/service integration
- BBB training and development
- Marketplace training and development
- Research and development
JOB PURPOSE: The purpose of this position is to support research and development initiatives through data visualization, survey research, report and business plan writing, and innovative tests. This includes informing, writing and creating visual elements for research and reports and running survey research, and other research projects as needed. This position also provides various consulting, planning, and hands-on assistance to both IABBB and BBB staff, as well as external entities, for various data visualization and survey research projects. This position also oversees the product development path from idea test to marketplace.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Make large and/or complex data more accessible, understandable and usable
- Tell stories from data in innovative ways
- Research and write research reports
- Design and conduct marketplace surveys
- Employ statistical techniques to analyze and present findings
- Develop testing and develop metrics for testing of new products, programs, services, and enhancements to measure effectiveness
- Identify appropriate representative subsets of BBBs to conduct tests
- Work with BBB vendors to set up testing
- Perform business plan feasibility analysis
- Create business cases that include cost analysis, competitive analysis of the marketplace, and analysis of alignment to organizational mission, vision, strategic goals, as well as marketplace needs and opportunities
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- 3+ years basic test engineering experience
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- Strong customer relationship management fields
- Strong research skills
- Experience in statistical analysis
- Prior experience performing quantitative analysis, data analysis, data interpretation is preferred
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Strong critical thinking, analytical skills, ability to troubleshoot and resolve data/analytical issues
- Strong attention to details and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn and apply new technology quickly
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Spanish-speaking a plus
- Strong organizational skills with emphasis on time management and attention to detail
- Must be deadline driven and work well with multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
- Sit 80% of workday
- Stand 20% of workday
- Use computer, phone/headset, and other office equipment
- Some travel required, approximately 4-6 times per year.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
EEO Statement:IABBB provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. IABBB complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Dental insurance
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to IABBB HR director Elizabeth Pratt at email@example.com. Please make your subject line “Application: [Name of Position].”