3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2019 6:43 AM by Jim Dehner

Inputting row-based parameters (like a form)

Hassan Kassem

Hello everyone,

So I'm basically trying to have percentage allocation, that need to be inputted by user, between suppliers to be used in other calculations.

Below is an example:

I need to be able to change these percentages just like excel:

How do I allocate different percentage for each supplier in Tableau?

I just scratched on the labels for confidentiality of the data.

Thank you so much in advance!

Hassan Kassem

• 1. Re: Inputting row-based parameters (like a form)
          Jim Dehner

Good morning

Parameters are single valued user input that are global and remain static until changed by the user

are you trying to have the user input different values for each supplier?  

Tableau does not support that with a single parameter - you would either need multiple parameters or create a separate file with the factor for each supplier and join it with your original data file

Sorry

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

• 2. Re: Inputting row-based parameters (like a form)
            Hassan Kassem

Yes I am having the user inputting different values for each supplier (might even need to disregard some suppliers).

It would be ideal if the user can choose the suppliers and allocate a different value for each of them.

Hassan

• 3. Re: Inputting row-based parameters (like a form)
              Jim Dehner

This is not a good application for parameters - I would use a separate excel file with the supplier name and factor - load that into tableau and join on supplier name

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.