1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 19, 2019 5:40 PM by Paul Wachtler

Deleted Subscriptions - How do I know who received them to recreate?

Peter Privon

Hello,

I inadvertently deleted some subscriptions that were emailing out views to users that I need to recreate. Is there a way in Tableau Server to see which users received these emails? (it is a daily email that goes out to multiple users). I looked in the standard admin status dashboards but didnt see usernames or emails in those status dashboards. Is there a log file or other location I can check to see which emails or users were subscribed to these views as part of these schedules?

Thank you

• 1. Re: Deleted Subscriptions - How do I know who received them to recreate?
          Paul Wachtler

Hi Peter,

I'm not a Tableau Server expert but I tried looking around Tableau server and googling and there doesn't appear to be a way to restore subscriptions or find information on deleted subscriptions.  While not a Tableau solution, I'd recommend emailing your user base to see who needs that subscription.  It's quite possible that not everyone who was subscribed to it still wants to be subscribed so you can use this as an opportunity to update your subscriptions.  I'd also recommend keeping a spreadsheet or word doc with the reports that people are subscribed to along with the list of people subscribed.

Best,

Paul