We are looking for an individual to design, develop and maintain business intelligence (BI) solutions. Utilizing BI tools to deliver insightful and timely analysis to both internal partners and external clients. The candidate would join our research team as a Business Intelligence Developer in our Folsom, CA (Sacramento) office and play an important role in the delivery of analytics tools and research analysis via Tableau.
The Business Intelligence Developer will assist with the maintenance and further development of our online data analysis portal and will help to produce a cohesive user experience for our internal and client users. This position will work among a group of data analysts, database managers, and statisticians who will rely on the Business Intelligence Developer to help communicate findings using compelling visualizations that are easily understandable.
Likely responsibilities include:
• Create dashboards and visualizations using Tableau
• Approach challenges with creativity and flexibility
• Support the adoption of new data tools through training and mentoring
• Assist with data analysis projects in Excel
• Maintain data analytics website
• Maintain Tableau server user and group settings
Requirements for this position:
• Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
• Experience mining data and presenting findings
• Knowledge of SQL database queries and analysis
• Experience developing in Tableau*
• Microsoft suite including Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Bachelor's degree
• 2-3 years of experience working in an analytical role
Preferred skills and experience:
• Experience with web design languages including HTML and CSS
If you enjoy challenges, take great pride in producing creative content while using technically advanced tools, and enjoy working with a fantastic team that supports each other, this is the dynamic environment for you.
John Burns Real Estate Consulting, LLC provides independent subscription research and customized consulting services related to the US housing industry. John Burns founded the company in 2001 because he saw a need for better housing market analysis. The company has grown to a highly passionate team of research analysts and consultants in offices across the country, who work together to provide the most trusted source of US housing analysis and consulting services. Three principles guide us:
- Purpose: To enable the profitable development of the best places to live in the world through great research.
- Vision: To be the most trusted and respected US housing market analysts and consultants.
- Mission: To help executives make informed housing industry investment decisions.
John Burns Real Estate Consulting provides independent research and consulting services related to the U.S. housing industry. Our monthly subscription research reports analyze market trends and provide forecasts at the national, regional and metropolitan area levels. Our nationwide consulting team completed more than 600 market research, strategy and valuation assignments last year.
Our team members are passionate, extremely well-organized, quick learners, Excel whizzes, outstanding writers and hard workers. We work hard, and enjoy challenges, problem solving, economic analysis and market research. We work as a team and we maintain the highest possible ethical standards.
John Burns Real Estate Consulting offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer contributions, paid vacation, holiday leave, etc. Compensation will be based on a candidate’s market value and their ability to contribute to our business.
Salary is based on experience.
For more information or to apply, submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.