3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2019 4:08 AM by frederic.spielmann.0

Problems with Refresh SurveyMonkey Web Data Connector

Loren Ogushi

Hello!

I have been using Tableau in my organization , right now I have SurveyMonkey Enterpise  I try to connect a Survey with web data connector but when i want to refresh the data in my Tableau Online it doesnt work, even with my Tableau Desktop, in my organization we dont use Tableau Bridge only the server and the online. I hope somebody help me beacuse I want to help others to see they surveys in "real time" or something like that...

• 1. Re: Problems with Refresh SurveyMonkey Web Data Connector
          frederic.spielmann.0

Hi Loren,

To troubleshoot this issue, it will be better to start with Tableau Desktop (more less configuration).

When trying to connect to the Web Data Connector "Survey Monkey", do you have an error message ?

Is your web data connector hosted on a Web Server ? If the URL of your Web Data connector is "confidential", it might be easier to open a support case.

Related article : Web Data Connector - Tableau

Kind regards,

• 2. Re: Problems with Refresh SurveyMonkey Web Data Connector
            Loren Ogushi

Hello Frederic

I have trying other why to connect and the problem is that when I upload to my Tableau Server it doesnt refresh.

Reading a Little, the solution that I found in different forums , its that i need to connect to Tableau Bridge , but when I try that show me an error.

And when I try to go to the side online.tableau.com I cant enter ….so I dont know what to do now :S

• 3. Re: Problems with Refresh SurveyMonkey Web Data Connector
              frederic.spielmann.0

Hi Loren,

Following the documentation, yes, you will need to use Tableau Bridge : Conector de datos web - Tableau

"Cuando publique en Tableau Online, como medida de seguridad, Tableau Online no se puede conectar a un extracto creado por un conector de datos web, ni tampoco actualizarlo. Puede utilizar Tableau Bridge para actualizar algunos extractos de conectores de datos web"

I translated your error message error, and in my understand you will need to remove the existing Tableau bridge client on your Tableau Online account.

1. Connect to your Tableau Online account, then click on your avatar (on the Top Right), and select "My Account Settings". Remove/delete the existing bridge client connected.

screen1.jpg

2. On the left panel, click on Settings, then select the tab "Bridge". Make sure you have "Enable Tableau Bridge client" and remove/delete the existing Tableau bridge client connected.

If you don't have access, ask you Site Administrator

screen2.jpg

I hope that help!