2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2019 4:58 AM by Jim Dehner

Average, Sum, Totals with Calculated field

Sean Fliege

Hello everyone,

this has been a head scratcher for me, I can do few things with tableau but I am by no means a pro and that one I just cannot figure out.

I m trying to do what you see in green below:

I am accessing it via online but I can also access to desktop version if needs be.

However a solution using online would be preferable.

• My problem here is that the second column is a calulated field and as a result the total shown is a 1 or a 0 instead of a 5.
      • The second problem is showing as % what I have in column 2.

Thank you for your help!

• 1. Re: Average, Sum, Totals with Calculated field
          Daniel Stanish

Good day Sean.

Without the data set or a sample workbook it's tricky. Can you provide sample data? Is Score column the column 2? Is the score field an aggregate of some kind? If so, what's it an aggregate of?

This really looks doable with level of detail calculations, but saying what they are really depends on the structure of the data you're using.

Best regards,

-Dan

• 2. Re: Average, Sum, Totals with Calculated field
            Jim Dehner

Hi Sean

you are probably using something like this to create you indicator

then you run into trying to use further calcs and an already aggregated field

you could use this lod  which will return the same valuees as the one above but they are NOT aggregated and can be used in other calculations

this will determine the % of total based on the count of categories

they return this

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

sorry one of the attached is in 10.5 the other in 2019.3