1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 12, 2019 7:25 AM by Jim Dehner

How can I deal with these asterixis? Basically sum up distance per activity when there are two activities in one day

James Keuning

The greenish marks are asterixis and they are caused by having two different types of activities in one day. How can I sum the distance for each activity and have them both appear?

• 1. Re: How can I deal with these asterixis? Basically sum up distance per activity when there are two activities in one day
          Jim Dehner

Good Morning

I would suggest the data structure should be revised - you are blending 3 sources together limiting your ability to use some of Tableau functionality -  I  see you used a date scaffold - Cartesian join the other data to the scaffold - you will end up with a single data set that includes all the data  - then you will be able to use either LODs or filtering to separate out activities - (not available with the blended data set

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.