1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 11, 2019 11:30 PM by Hari Ankem

How to Display null to any string value

chandrakanth k

Hello Team,

I have create a table for a score card and created a measure for each metric from Pivot values.

I need help in formatting the nulls or blanks. I want to display nulls as either "-" or "NA"

For example : Schedule Reporting (Timelines) doesn't have values in my source data. So I need to display it as either  "-" or "NA"

But currently it display blank and below is the calculated field which I have used

IF [Metrics]='Schedule Reporting (Timelines)' then [Pivot Field Values] end

Another example:- Audit from the center have 0 as value in my source data. I need to display it as either  "-" or "NA"

But currently it display blank and below is the calculated field which I have used

IF [Metrics]='Audit from the center' then [Pivot Field Values] end

So in my score card where ever its blank or 0 I need to display it as either  "-" or "NA"

Regards,

Chandrakanth.K

• 1. Re: How to Display null to any string value
          Hari Ankem

You can format the "Measure Values" and enter the desired text in the Special Values section.

1.png

In the current scenario, the hyphens are displayed even when there is a value in the cell. And this is because you have several measure values but are not displaying the measure names for every value.

If I now replace the "Metrics" dimension with the "Measure Names", the hyphens show up only when there is no value as can be seen below:

1.png

Hope this helps. Updated workbook is attached for reference.