3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2019 7:03 AM by Jim Dehner

How do you Calculate Max Event Concurrency for an Event?

Liz Lucabaugh

Hi Everyone,

I have a Gantt chart where events are surgeries within a medical facility here. A surgeon would like to know, for each individual surgery, what the max concurrency was for that particular surgery. For example, a surgery was overlapping with 2 surgeries at 7am but then 5 surgeries at 1pm and down to 3 surgeries at the end of the day. How can I calculate the MAX concurrency for that surgery for the day? How can I return the value of 5, the max, for that surgery?

See attached for the Gantt chart I've got so far.

Thank you in advance!!!

• 1. Re: How do you Calculate Max Event Concurrency for an Event?
          Jim Dehner

Good morning

If I understand you wnat to look at each hour and count the number of surgeries the Dr has on the schedule at that hour (not starting or ending)?

I dont know the data structure or the source(s) 

I t sounds like a 2 date (in your case time) problem - like count the number of active programs by day in the example below  Tableau Public

the link is to my tableau public site where I keep solutions to FAQs - they are step by step how to instructions

This one involves a date scaffold -  please download the example (that is why they are there) and use it a model

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

• 2. Re: How do you Calculate Max Event Concurrency for an Event?
            Liz Lucabaugh

Hi Jim,

This is close to what I need, but their question is: what is the Max Concurrency of events from the perspective of one surgery. They want to know for surgery #124, how many events co-occurred with it? And what was the max concurrency, for that surgery, on that day?

• 3. Re: How do you Calculate Max Event Concurrency for an Event?
              Jim Dehner

Now you would take what I gave you and look at it by surgery number - you can do that with LOD expressions or with a filter AFTER you get the data in the right structure

the process to scaffold the data (which is need to address this type if problem ) is the same

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.