2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2019 11:39 AM by Ravi Mistry

Tableau Prep Flow Design

Zach Ferris

Hey everyone!

I'm streamlining all of my dashboards through tableau prep and it has been a godsend. I have decreased the size of workbooks by 90%! I'm trying to create a master flow to all me to update all extracts in one place but it looks filthy and unorganized. My understanding is the newest versions of tableau prep 2019.2.2 have fixed this but I haven't seen any whitepapers or comments that show how to do it. Does anyone else know how?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Tableau Prep Flow Design
          Don Wise

Hi Zach,

I thought I'd found something earlier this week on that exact subject but can't find it in my history; but yes, you can reorder your Flow Pane objects in 2019.2 to help realign the flows and make them look more orderly.  Click on an object and then drag into position. As you drag the pane will highlight where the next available spot will be for it to land. Hope that helps!  If it does, please mark the response as helpful or if it answers your question, please mark as correct.  Best, Don

The closest I could find is here:  What's New - Tableau

Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 11.06.03 AM.png

• 2. Re: Tableau Prep Flow Design
            Ravi Mistry

Zach - Echoing what Zach said, I completely agree! Being a little bit of a control freak, I hated that I couldn't tidy my workflow. With Prep 2019.2, you're able to do this with ease.

Couple this with the documentation releases, allowing you to edit the name of tools & add descriptions, as well as tweak the colour of steps - it's slowly getting nicer as a piece of work which is easy to follow.

Cheers,

Ravi