Terrific Contract to Hire Opportunity with our client in the health insurance field!
If interested please email me a copy of your resume to email@example.com for immediate review! These positions will be filled quickly. Interviews happening week of 07/15/2019. Not a remote opportunity. 100% onsite in Durham, NC, contract to hire.
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers.
Our client's goal is to provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs
Position: Business Intelligence Developer/Analyst
Location: Durham NC 27707
Term: 6 Months, contract to hire
- Building dashboards within an agile development environment for multiple stakeholders/businesses
- Participating in work-stream planning process including inception, technical design, development, testing, delivery, training, and adoption of BI solutions that emphasize speed to market results
- Developing knowledge of business area processes and information needs and apply that knowledge in designing BI content for users
- Assisting in BI tool evaluation including the development of proof-of-concept and pilot solutions
- Working to ensure complex information is displayed in an effective manner that can easily be interpreted
- Assessing requirements and making recommendations for how to most effectively visualize information from both development and consultative perspectives
- Analyzing, assessing, and implementing data and business processes, performing gap analysis, and identifying data quality issues with business processes
- Contributing content to the Data Viz Center of Excellence in the form of dashboards and write-ups
- Developing your skills through training courses, mentoring, and working with cross functional teams
- Coordinating with other developers on the team to build and share knowledge
- Act as a liaison between the business and technical communities for reporting/analytic development purposes. Design and develop Business Intelligence content (reports, dashboards, scorecards, analytic solutions) by identifying reporting/analytic requirements and determining business rules through a structured elicitation process. Ensure that information and BI content satisfies Enterprise business needs and the needs of individual departments.
- Elicit and review business reporting and analytic requirements from the business groups through formal interviews or facilitated sessions and translate into technical designs for enterprise business intelligence implementation.
- Develop BI content (reports, dashboards, scorecards, analytic solutions) through the entire development life-cycle to provide data necessary to effectively make business decisions and measure goal attainment and overall performance.
- Participate in work-stream planning process including inception, technical design, development, testing and delivery of BI solutions that emphasize speed to market results.
- Perform analysis for a wide range of requests using data in different formats and from various platforms
- Assist in BI tool evaluation including the development of proof-of-concept and pilot solutions.
- Develop knowledge of business area processes and information needs and apply that knowledge in designing BI content for our users.
- Coordinate user acceptance testing with the business community to ensure accurate delivery of data from the business requirements with the goal of receiving sign off.
- Guide and advise business areas in identifying new data needs and delivery mechanisms for reporting information as well as self-service solutions.
- Provide assistance to business areas in understanding enterprise data content, definitions and usage and the available BI tools.
- Work with business areas to adapt their business processes to effectively use enterprise data sources for information and analytical needs.
What you know
- Advanced knowledge of and experience building in Tableau
- Experience with level of detail calculations, advanced calcs, parameters, etc.
- Experience connecting to numerous data sources using live connections and extracts
- Familiarity of ETL processing, data transformation and data modeling techniques
- Looking for creative story-tellers who can see the bigger picture and are not just order takers.
- Requirements gathering ability, strong communication skills, persuasive personality.
Bonus points for
- Experience with Tableau Prep
- Experience designing dashboards for mobile devices
- Experience with other viz tools such as D3, PowerBI, etc.
- Experience in the Healthcare industry
*A portfolio of work is recommended when applying for this position