can you provide a bit more information about the following:
- What exact version of Ubuntu
- Is there enough disk space and are you allowed to write at that location
- What version of the Extract API are you using
Additionally, can you attach the full log file (or PM it to me)?
- Ubuntu 18.04.2
- Yes, I can write files to the local directory on the VM and there is 50 gb allocated to disk
- Extract API version is extractapi-py-linux-x86_64-2019-1-0.tar.gz (installed via pip)
I've attached the log to this reply as well. Thanks for your help.
DataExtract_6ULL2Klq.log.zip 2.6 KB
Just had a thought after looking closer at the error log: is it possible that port forwarding is the issue? Currently, the VM only forwards port 8000 (for my application) but I noticed that the callback port in the error log is randomly assigned. Do I need to forward a certain range of ports on the VM for the Extract API?
Just to follow up on this, I used the latest version of the Extract API and received a different error; however, I've implemented a different solution where I use the tableau document api and essentially edit a 'template' .tdsx file. For my use case, I only require an empty .hyper extract as I am offloading the refresh job onto our remote tableau server.
Thanks for your help however!