Thanks mate !
I went through the bulk email document. The feature is pretty good.
I have two questions:
1. Can I send CSV file instead of sending Views / Dashboards based on the filters
2. Can I send this to external users who are not tableau registered users?
1. Yes, VizAlerts supports CSV, PDF, and PNG for attachments. See VizAlerts/user_guide.md at master · tableau/VizAlerts · GitHub along with the demo workbook for details.
2. Yes, the email addresses are any addresses allowed by the VizAlerts admin.
Thanks for the quick response Jon!
One more question:
If we use the filters (for example based on Sellers), we don't want Seller A to see Seller B's data. Is there any way Seller A can see Seller B's information?
I am asking this because the Tableau View will have all the information and I don't want them to see the link for the View. The screenshot attached here shows the link for the view. Is there an option to make the visualization just a static image without referencing the dashboard/view?
There are a few parts to answer your question:
1) The trigger view for your alert will need to have a row for each different seller and use the appropriate content references to filter the data.
2) You can configure a VIZ_IMAGE() content reference to have an inline image that only shows the view with no hyperlink, see user_guide.md for more details.
3) If users can separately log into Tableau Server then you're going to need to also set up user filters in your views or data source to prevent them from seeing each others' data.