OverDrive is looking for bright, driven, and analytical thinker who wants to help create the way reading will be done for the next generation. We currently have an opening for a Data Analyst.
The Data Analyst will be responsible for data mining, manipulation, and analysis to create the best model for a host of business situations. This position will communicate insights, hurdles, and requirements to colleagues of all levels.
Who We Are:
See Book, Read Book. That’s the OverDrive mantra. It’s a challenge—to develop easier ways for readers to find and enjoy the books they love. We are a group of innovative, passionate masterminds who build & distribute technology solutions for the real world. We distribute digital books to readers at libraries, schools, and retailers all over the world. We’re Clevelanders at heart – tenacious, committed, & forever believing that the Browns can have a decent season. Most of all, we’re idea people. We believe every great idea should be pursued, & we regularly celebrate the great ideas that come from every department.
About the Team:
The Analyst team uses rigorous analytics to generate insights that inform product and business decisions across the company, from ideation to iteration to launch. Ultimately, the team’s work strengthens OverDrive as a sustainable and profitable business and helps continuously improve the OverDrive experience for everyone.
Our team is small and agile, working vertically and horizontally across the company without skipping a beat. We are always learning new skills and adopting new techniques; we are never satisfied with the current process. We are impatient with redundancy, inefficiency and inconsistency. We work with every team at the company and pride ourselves on being able to bridge the gaps Our mission is to tell the story of user behavior and business opportunity — to internal teams, senior management, and the community.
About the Job:
- Coordinate projects, data and operational needs with colleagues to support team objectives
- Map and trace data from system to system to solve a given business or system problem. Document the types and structure of the business data (logical modeling).
- Perform audits on data and resolve data quality issues.
- Question, define and coordinate analytic needs with project managers, product owners, marketing specialists and other stake holders to prepare requirements and schedule deliverables.
- Analyze and mine operational, business and experience data to identify patterns and correlations among various data sources, streams and points.
- Design and create data reports and reporting tools to help partners across the enterprise in their decision making.
- Write, audit and execute basic to complex levels of SQL or r code
- Perform statistical, modeling and data analyses of business data; interpret those data and analyses; and prepare insights for presentation.
- Build accurate forecasts and other prolific business models.
- Utilize tools such as Tableau, SSRS and R to develop and communicate data reports, insights and visualizations.
- Set and maintain project expectations. Escalate project issues, hurdles, scope creep or questions to team manager or lead analyst if required.
You delight in distilling insight from chaos. You are intrinsically curious and you like to answer your curiosity through the mining, analyzing and interpreting of data. If you had a motto it would be ‘Find Work’, meaning that you will actively seek out the next big project, instead of waiting for it to come to you. You are able to develop forecasts and other analytic models as needed. You are experienced in creating meaningful visualizations to convey insights. You understand how to take messy data, cleanse it and format it for tools such as SSRS, Tableau and r. You are, above all else, passionate about using data to understand trends and business performance.
You Will Be Successful In This Role If:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (Data Analysis, Statistics, Quantitative Analysis or Statistical Modeling, etc.).
- 0 – 3+ years’ related experience.
- Strong documentation and communication skills.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills (able to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously).
- Capable of working cooperatively with internal and external customers, as well as being an enthusiastic team player.
- Can provide to and receive feedback from peers and manager to improve self and team
- Basic understanding of and ability to write successful code within applications in use at OverDrive including SQL, SSRS, Tableau, R and others.
- Ability to take ownership of work and accept priorities when required
- The software we create is being used by millions of people around the world - your neighbors are using it, your friends are using it, and most likely someone in your family is using it.
- We have a beautiful campus that has amenities like – walking trails, gymnasium, workout center, a one-hole par three, Agile rooms with A/V capabilities, and much more.
- You get the chance to work with some of the best people in the region as we support new technology, collaboration, and a great work environment.
- Fun company events throughout the year – St. Patrick’s Day Party, Halloween Party, Family Picnic, Bowling Party, an amazing Holiday Party and on and on
As you’ve probably guessed, OverDrive is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us—we want you to be like you! So, if you're interested in joining the OverDrive team, apply and tell us what inspires you about OverDrive and why you think you are perfect for our team.
OverDrive values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.