Hi Anirudh. Is there any other apps running on the machine that it failed on? If so, there may be conflicts in ports.
The machine was clean. No installation has been done in it.
I'm not sure. It sounds specific to your environment. Are these VM machines that are on a shared host? If so, it should be fine, but it all depends on how these are provisioned.
There is a domain to which all the servers are linked. Tableau was installed on two machines(Domain controller & Other machine in same domain). There is a third server where the installation is in progress which is throwing the error.
hmmm, I've never installed on the actual domain controller itself. So maybe this is the issue. I've installed many times on VM instances within the domain and it's worked fine.
maybe you can try to use local admin accounts if your machine is under
a domain. try to log in using local administrator account and try to install it again.
<local-pcName>\administrator for example,
The hardware where the server got stored got corrupted. Once it got restarted and VM got reconfigured it was installed without any errors.
I may be experiencing the same issue.
- ERROR com.tableausoftware.installer.InstallerMain - Generic exception raised during installation
- Unable to install services in parallel
- java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to install service tabadmincontroller
- java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Command '[C:\ProgramData\Tableau\Tableau Server\data\tabsvc\services\tabadmincontroller_0.20192.19.0518.0639\bin\control-tabadmincontroller.exe, install]' timed out after XXX SECONDS
Will try to implement the steps that you took to resolve it to validate if this works for our problem.
Already submitted a case for this with Tableau Support.
Will keep you guys posted on this one.
Our client prefers to perform this method as a last resort.
We've already done a lot of
- Full delete (tableau-server-obliterate.cmd -y -y -y -l) & clean installs
- Deletion of the following folders C:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Server and C:\ProgramData\Tableau and referred to this community post
- Disabling the firewall
None of this has currently worked and we will be deactivating the Anti-Virus application later.
Will also post the steps that we have taken recommended by Tableau Support for reference of others who would experience the same challenge.
Good Day Anirudh Madhwa Kaviliga,
We have SUCCESSFULLY resolved the issue with our TSM installation with the error logs shared in the thread earlier.
We took a different approach which was advised to us by Tableau Customer support because our client was hesitant in proceeding with the approach of restarting the server and reconfiguring the VM.
The solution that worked for us was disabling the Anti-Virus (AV) Software.
According to the Tableau Tech Support, the AV was blocking the file copy to folders needed by the installer.
What he also suggested was to add exclusion to the path needed by the installer.
He referred to an article in the Knowledge Base (KB) for our reference.
Please refer to screenshot below for a copy of our correspondence.
Thank you very much!
At least we now have two (2) solutions that we can try out if this issue is encountered.