9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2019 9:03 PM by Mahfooj Khan

Product function (Excel) on Tableau, and Time series analysis

Ben K

Hello All,

Was working and got stucked on calculating some time sierial analysis, which is using PRODUCT function (Excel).

Since Tableau doesn't offers the PRODUCT function (multiplying values), I have refered the fomula " Running Product = EXP(RUNNING_SUM(LN(SUM([Data1]))))" from Running Product by Alex.

I prepped some sample on Excel which the blue columns are given, Orange columns I calculated on Tableau, Yellow columns are my goal to calculate.

What I am trying to calculate is to calculate yellow columns by multiplying the values of Maintain% (1-Churn%) inside of each TERM (yearly).

And I got stucked on calculating yellow columns and Tableau says "Argument to SUM (an aggregate function) is already an aggregate, and can not be futher aggregate",

which means I already created CHURN% as SUM(LEFT)/SUM(EXIST) and MAINTAIN% as 1-[CHURN%] and they are AGG(CHURN%) and AGG(MAINTAIN%) already.

So, How can I use PRODUCT function in this circumstance and figure out yellow columns? Please help.

I attached both Excel file and Tbwx file below so please refer.