1 Reply Latest reply on May 7, 2019 4:44 AM by Robert Brunel

Error: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found on RedHat 4.4.7

Marco Mistroni

Hello all

i have a requirement to run the Python Extract API on RHEL. ().

Here are the details

- RHEL version: Red Hat 4.4.7-17)

- ExtractAPI version: hyperextractapi-py-linux-x86_64-release_2019_1.2019.1.0.173.rb0bafe05

Have installed the required dependency  ( libpcre16.so.0) via yum install pcre-devel

While running python setup.py install i am getting this error:

python setup.py install

running install

running build

running build_py

linking build/lib/tableausdk/bin/hyper/libtabz.so.1 -> libtabz.so.1.2.8

error: File exists

Does it mean the library setup is not complete? It appear so as when running the command below i am getting another exception

python

Python 2.6.6 (r266:84292, Aug  9 2016, 06:11:56)

[GCC 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-17)] on linux2

Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.

>>> from tableausdk import *

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>

File "tableausdk/__init__.py", line 14, in <module>

from .Types import *

File "tableausdk/Types.py", line 17, in <module>

common_lib = libs.load_lib('Common')

File "tableausdk/Libs.py", line 36, in load_lib

self.libs[lib_name] = ctypes.cdll.LoadLibrary(self.lib_paths[lib_name])

File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/ctypes/__init__.py", line 431, in LoadLibrary

return self._dlltype(name)

File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/ctypes/__init__.py", line 353, in __init__

self._handle = _dlopen(self._name, mode)

OSError: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by /home/hyperextractapi-py-linux-x86_64-release_2019_1.2019.1.0.173.rb0bafe05/tableausdk/lib/libtabsys.so)

Unfortunately i am not in the position of being able to upgrade GLIBC as we have no control over the host

Are there any remedies to this?

w/kindest regards

Marco

• 1. Re: Error: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found on RedHat 4.4.7
          Robert Brunel

Hi Marco,

I believe the error: File exists is just from running setup.py build twice. You can remove the build/ directory to get a clean build.

The GLIBC_2.14 not found issue is not related to that. Your version of RHEL is unfortunately too old. It's similar to the GLIBCXX issue mentioned under Troubleshooting. According to the Online Help, the oldest platform that Extract API 2 targets is CentOS 7 (or equivalent), and that comes with GLIBC version 2.17.

If upgrading is no option, I'm not aware of an easy solution. One way would be to put a separate version of glibc 2.17 on the host and then, before launching Python, use things like LD_LIBRARY_PATH or chroot to point the runtime loader to it. But that's a rather involved method, such a GLIBC installation consists of 100s of little pieces.

Best,

Robert