2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2020 2:00 PM by Nate Harrell

Tableau Prep Error - Failure Parsing AQL

katrina.johnson.2

I'm receiving the attached error when I try to run a prep file.  Any ideas what this means in laymen's terms?

prep_error.png

• 1. Re: Tableau Prep Error - Failure Parsing AQL
          Joshua Milligan

Hi Katrina,

AQL errors indicate something isn't being translated through to SQL correctly. Check out a similar issue here and my thoughts on troubleshooting/resolving: Re: New Error AQL Predicate. You'll probably want to open a support ticket - even if you resolve with some of the techniques described in that link, the devs would appreciate getting some insight into errors like this.

Best Regards,

Joshua

• 2. Re: Tableau Prep Error - Failure Parsing AQL
            Nate Harrell

Our team has faced this one as well.  Here's what has helped:

1. In one case, re-setting the location of a CSV file used as input did the trick (right-click the connection, select Edit, and select the file again in its location).

2. Another time, moving the output step back upstream until it worked, then moving it downstream one step at a time.  This led to the discovery that a clean step followed by an aggregate step were causing the problem.  Removing them removed the problem.

This occurred in releases of both 2019.3 and 2019.4, as well as 2020.1.

Until an official fix is released, I hope this is helpful.

Nate

1 of 1 people found this helpful