0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2019 8:17 AM by Jeff DeRuyscher

SSO SAML Authentication Enabled - Users can not redirect to outside website

Jeff DeRuyscher

Hello community, I'm hoping someone here might be able to help.  We have a Tableau Server Instance with server wide SAML Authentication established (Tableau Server Version 2018.2.3).  The users are able to log in from the IdP with no problems, browse content, etc.  However we do have one workbook in which the customer data has embedded URLs for the customer's website.  Prior to the SSO/SAML deployment, our server was setup with local authentication (username/password), and in this configuration the users could open this workbook and click on the embedded URL.  This would open a new tab in the browser and take the user to the website.  After SSO/SAML, the user receives the following message (in a new browser tab):

"That page could not be accessed.

Either the view does not exist or you do not have the necessary permissions."

As far as certificate and key files, we have specified the same certificate and key file for SSL and for SAML.  I've seen that question asked on a few other threads (not necessarily related to this issue), so I figured I should mention that as well.  Has anyone experienced a similar issue or have some knowledge/experience with this sort of thing?  Any input would be greatly appreciated, and I thank you for your help in advance!

Jeff