I have moved the post into REST API section of the Tableau Community Forums. I would also encourage you to post the feature request as an idea in the Tableau Community Ideas space. The Tableau Product managers review the ideas forum for new features to include the next release of Tableau!
Hope this helps!
Thank you Patrick. Looks like the similar idea has been shared already. Everyone awaiting for this feature.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
This is definitely something you can get done with an extension. I've hacked together a quick POC just as a test but it comes with a LOT of disclaimers:
- This is just a hack that I made, it is not officially supported by Tableau nor will I support it, I'm just offering it as-is.
- Technically to get this to work you need to use an admin account to run the commands. This technically is going around our built-in security protocols and isn't supported.
- I'm a PM, not a developer, so the code may not be that great.
- The code doesn't include any error catching or validation.
- The POC is just for one site.
- It doesn't include any pagination, so if you have a lot of users/projects/groups you would have to add that.
- I only included adding and removing users from already existing groups.
- Just to repeat, this is just a POC I hacked together to prove you could do it. You should probably get a developer to set this up (or hire an intern )
I've asked some of the folks on the server experience team and this is something that they are looking into but don't have any immediate plans for.
Let me know what you think!