2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2019 3:33 PM by vij002

Action Filter not passing after 2 selections on Dasboard

vij002

Hi All,

I have gt 4 charts on my Dashboard and I have set Actions in Dashboard to link every chart with all other charts, So basically  when i

select something on first chart it would be used as filter for rest 3 charts.

When i make selection on second(not in any sequential order)-   Selection on Chart 1 would be be used as a filter for Chart 2

In third  Chart (not in any sequential order)-   Selection of Chart 1+ Selection done on Chart 2 would be be used as a filter for Chart 3

and So on

But what is happening is after Second chart is Third(not in any sequential order) only takes value of Chart 2nd not First chart(even though I have set Action Filter).

So when i saw Action Filters in third chart it shows

One Action Filter has selection of only Second chart(which is right) and

and Second Action Filter for first chart has all selection done

I need to make all selections all the way to 4th Chart.

Regards,

Vijay

• 1. Re: Action Filter not passing after 2 selections on Dasboard
          Peter Fakan

Hi Vij002,

The behaviour you are describing is not how the action or how quickfilters would usually work, so I'm thinking it might have something to do with how you have constructed your dashboard.

Grateful if you could upload a sample .twbx file showing your working so that the community can take a look at it.

HTH

Peter

• 2. Re: Action Filter not passing after 2 selections on Dasboard
            vij002

Hi Peter,

Thanks for reverting and apology for late reply. I would love to do it but cant post the Dashboard since it has got company specific data.

But after trying lot of things i reach to conclusion that issue is with passing of the Action Filter from one chart to another.

First chart passes the filters to chart 2 but Chart 2 passes only its own filters to rest of the charts on Dashboard and not filters of Chart 1 which it should.

Thanks

Vijay