2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2019 9:22 PM by David Platt

Importing shapefile into the custom geocoding

David Platt

I am working with the Australian Statistical Geography Standard (ASGS) files for statistical areas, ideally would like to import the ASGS hierarchy from Greater Capital Cities, SA4 down to SA2. These fit into the Tableau Geographical Role hierarchy under State (not Local Government County as the boundaries do not align). I am trying to import the shape file for the SA2 boundaries into the Tableau geographic role hierarchy using the Map > Geocoding > Import Custom Geocoding function but so far have failed to achieve the desired outcome, not least because the file is a shape file rather than the expected CSV as described in the help files. The shape file I would like to import is "Statistical Area Level 2 (SA2) ASGS Ed 2016 Digital Boundaries in ESRI Shapefile Format" From:

1270.0.55.001 - Australian Statistical Geography Standard (ASGS): Volume 1 - Main Structure and Greater Capital City St…

QUE: is it possible to import the shapefile using the: Map > Geocoding > Import Custom Geocoding function AND if so what is the process?