4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2019 11:44 AM by Pauline Tisseyre

Parameter set up

Pauline Tisseyre

Hi All,

I created a parameter to display different measures on my viz.

But I was wondering if there is any way to add to this parameter a 'ALL' option that will allow me to display the 4 measures together. Hope someone has any idea on how to do it!

Thanks!

Pauline

• 1. Re: Parameter set up
          Michael Gillespie

Yes, but you'll have to create the calculated field that matches the ALL parameter entry manually.

If we assume that you already have a calculated field that process the input from the parameter, you need to add a line to that field that defines the aggregation step to take when "All" is selected in the parameter.

• 2. Re: Parameter set up
            Sumit Mangla

Hi

Firstly, its great that my previous suggestion has helped you to achieve the result as expected, It would be great if you can mark the solution as answerd or helpful. Set a filter with Measure Names

for this, you can add new value in parameter as "ALL" and modify the calcualtion as below . if i understand correctly you do not want to show sum of running sums and measure together. if yes you can modify the calc accordingly or add another value in parameter as "All Running sum" and sum other values

2019-02-12_13-39-27.jpg

• 3. Re: Parameter set up
              Paul Wachtler

Hi Pauline,

Do you mean that you want all 4 added together when you select "All"?  If so, first you can add an "All" value into your parameter:

Then in your "c. Measure Selected" field you can update it to this:

CASE [p. Measure Selected]

WHEN "Total Reg." THEN RUNNING_SUM(SUM([Reg]))

WHEN "Daily Reg." THEN SUM([Reg])

WHEN "Total Rev." THEN RUNNING_SUM(SUM([Revenues]))

WHEN "Daily Rev." THEN SUM([Revenues])

WHEN "All" THEN

RUNNING_SUM(SUM([Reg])) + SUM([Reg]) + RUNNING_SUM(SUM([Revenues])) + SUM([Revenues])

END

• 4. Re: Parameter set up
                Pauline Tisseyre

Hi Everyone,

Sorry, I haven't been clear enough. I would like to add a 'ALL' option that will allow to display the 4 measures on the viz but not a sum of them. In other words, I would like to see the respective measures when ALL is selected:

Total Reg.

Daily Reg.

Total Rev.

Daily Rev.

Does that make sense?

Thanks!
                Pauline