It may not be the prettiest way to do this. But it does work.
- I made two copies of your worksheet.
- On one of the copies, I set the filter to only include Shift = A or Shift =B
- I removed 'Shift' from the rows shelf
- I created a calculated field containing the string 'Shift A&B Total'
- I put the 'Shift A&B Total' on the rows shelf
- Repeated steps 2-5 for shift C&D
- Created a dashboard.
- Placed your original worksheet, A&B Total and C&D Total on the dashboard.
Just make sure to set the size of the dashboard. Hope that helps!
Custom Totals_Revised.twbx 19.7 KB
You're right it's not pretty but the end result is just about what I need. Thanks! You get so used to the functionality in things like excel that you forget not everything can do that. I get Tableau isn't necessarily the best tool for tabular reports. However, as we are heavily invested in the software for our presentation layer, management really wants us to make use of it.