2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2019 8:01 AM by Matthew Cross

How do I filter secondary data source without affecting primary data source. Using 2018.3.3.

Matthew Cross

Hi All,

Please can you help?

I have two separate data sources both on separate Access databases, one database contains the Market sales for a year and the other contains our company sales.

What I am trying to do is show the Top N products for the Market (primary data source) with the Company Sales (secondary data source) alongside, this way I can see what our market share % is and also whether we follow the market trend. I would then like to view this information for each customer using a filter.

The problem arises when I compare individual customer sales to the market, if I filter a customer, the Top N changes and only shows the market sales relevant to the customers sales. I would like the Market Top N to remain and show 0 where the Customer sales are missing.

I have created this in Excel to show what I would like: -

Pivot1.jpgPivot2.jpg

In Tableau I get this: -

Tableau1.jpgTableau2.jpg

I have tried loading the data using a Market left join with 'Cat & Prod' as the join and I have also kept the data sources separate but both ways I get the same result.

I have tried creating ZN(LOOKUP([Customer Units],0)) and {FIXED [Cat & Prod]:SUM([Market Units])} which both failed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have run out of things I can try.

I have attached the .twbx I have created as a reference.

Thank you all!